- This event has passed.
Relay For Life of Sauk Valley
June 4 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm CDT
Relay For Life of Sauk Valley is the local American Cancer Society event that celebrates Survivorship, honors those lost to cancer of all forms, and provides an opportunity to fight back with donations for research, patient services, education and advocacy. Every Relay For Life nationwide has the same components:
- An opening ceremony to introduce teams, and sponsors with national anthem
- A first lap led by survivors
- 2. A non-competitive walk in which members of teams take turns walking a track while enjoying activities, education, games, music and food when not walking
- A luminaria ceremony in which names of recipients are announced in memory
- A closing ceremony in which results of donations, team members, numbers of survivors, etc are all announced.